Herzog Foundation Launches Second Annual Christian Teacher of the Year Awards
Smithville, MO (January 16, 2023) – The Herzog Foundation recently announced that it will begin accepting nominations for the 2023 Christian Teacher of the Year Awards. This annual opportunity to honor Christian educators is part of the Herzog Foundation’s Excellence in Christian Education award series.
“Last year, nominations poured in from parents, students, colleagues, and friends, all eager to garner recognition for the Christian teachers they respect and admire,” said Herzog Foundation Chairman Todd Graves. “The sheer volume of nominations not only spoke to the teachers themselves, but also to the satisfaction levels that are found in Christian education. As Christian education continues to grow nationwide, we look forward to honoring the best educators that the field has to offer.”
The 2023 nomination period will conclude on Friday, March 10. The Herzog Foundation will then select 12 Teachers of the Year to be honored at an awards gala on Saturday, September 30 at Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C. In addition to the gala, each teacher and their school will receive a monetary gift.
“Christian teachers are a selfless group of individuals who put students and the Lord above all else,” said Herzog Foundation President Darrell Jones. “Our annual gala in Washington, D.C. gives these teachers the rare opportunity to be publicly recognized for their own accomplishments.”
If you know a teacher who meets the following criteria, please visit HerzogFoundationAwards.com and fill out the nomination form.
- Each nominee must be a K-12 teacher in a traditional Christian school, a hybrid Christian school, or a Christian micro school.
- Each teacher nominated must have served in K-12 Christian education for at least 1 year.
- The nominee must have plans to continue teaching after receiving the award.
- The teacher must have demonstrated excellence in promoting Christian education to students.
- The teacher must be highly respected by students, parents, colleagues, and the community.
- The school and teacher must align with the Herzog Foundation’s mission.
About the Stanley M. Herzog Charitable Foundation
The Stanley M. Herzog Charitable Foundation is a charitable foundation dedicated to catalyzing and accelerating the development of quality Christ-centered K-12 education so that families and culture flourish.
Learn more at HerzogFoundation.com