The Herzog Foundation is proud to recognize the following teachers as the 2022 Christian Teachers of the Year:
- Adina León (Hope Christian Academy – Starke, FL)
- Annie Pettit (Des Moines Christian – Urbandale, IA)
- Dorothy Easton (Grace Christian Academy – Merrick, NY)
- Doyle Philpot (Coastal Christian Preparatory School – Mt. Pleasant, SC)
- Elizabeth Kendrex (Logos Preparatory Academy – Sugar Land, TX)
- Greg Finch (Summit Christian Academy – Lees Summit, MO)
- Jean Auxier (Faith Christian Academy – Kansas City, MO)
- Jean Chen (Sunrise Christian Academy – Bel Aire, KS)
- Josh Ernst (Harbor Light Christian School – Harbor Springs, MI)
- Loren Hopf (Second Baptist School – Houston, TX)
- Marshall Ellson (Westminster Christian Academy – Huntsville, AL)
- Nancy Reid (Veritas Christian Academy – Wayland, MA)
The Christian Teacher of the Year awards are part of the Herzog Foundation’s Excellence in Christian Education award series. Each of the 12 award winners will attend a special event in Washington, D.C. on September 24, 2022. At this event, each teacher and their schools will receive a monetary gift.
“These awards are a small token of our appreciation for the amazing Christian teachers all across the nation,” said Herzog Foundation President Darrell Jones. “Christian teachers are truly changing the world, and they deserve recognition.”
The Herzog Foundation is currently accepting nominations for the 2023 awards cycle. If you know an excellent Christian teacher, please visit HerzogFoundationAwards.com and fill out the nomination form.
2022 Christian Teachers of the Year
About the Stanley M. Herzog Charitable Foundation
The Stanley M. Herzog Charitable Foundation is a charitable foundation dedicated to catalyzing and accelerating the development of quality Christ-centered K-12 education so that families and culture flourish.
Learn more at HerzogFoundation.com