Cultural Conversations | A Teachers’ Worldview Training
July 20 @ 8:00 am – July 21 @ 2:30 pm
Hosted in partnership by The Colson Center & The Herzog Foundation
Romans 12:1-2 – “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Christian schools are experiencing historic levels of demand. As schools welcome new parents and new teachers into their communities, it is imperative to stay true to the mission of educating students for Christ. This mission hinges upon the teacher in the classroom. A student’s teacher is the number one indicator of their success which is why teachers must know how to engage in cultural conversations with today’s students.
The Colson Center and Herzog Foundation are hosting a 2-day training for Christian school teachers who want to be cultural ambassadors at their schools. This training will cover topics like same-sex marriage, abortion, gender identity, and more. We will also train and equip the teachers in attendance to facilitate these conversations when they return to school in the fall.
Hotel accommodations, meals, and conference fees are covered by the Herzog Foundation. Attendees are required to cover travel to the hotel in Colorado Springs, CO. Each school is welcomed and encouraged to register up to three people, one of which must be a teacher. Eligible leaders from K-12 Christian schools include:
- Influential teachers with the desire to train their peers
- Spiritual life directors (and similar roles)
- Academic directors (and similar roles)
- Heads of school (and similar roles)
- Must have been with the school for at least 1 full school year
- Must have committed to be with the school for at least 1 more full school year
- Must be on staff with a K-12 Christian school or homeschool group
- Must commit to implement the take-home Cultural Conversations Toolkit, a multi-week training kit for Christian school staff