The Herzog Foundation is seeking an energetic and reliable day porter to perform day-to-day building cleaning maintenance at our facilities. Overall duties will include removing debris interior and exterior, maintaining common room areas, restocking bathrooms and responding to cleaning emergencies. The successful candidate will be highly organized, dedicated, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously. You will work with facilities manager to create an effective cleaning schedule, which will include your day-to-day routines.
- Sanitizing spaces for guests and onsite teams
- Prepare conference rooms tables and chairs before and after important meetings.
- Clean all common room areas including kitchen areas, vestibules, lobby and break rooms.
- Be aware of and utilize safe practices
- Monitor, clean, restock, and service washrooms,
- Gathering facilities trash and removing to outdoor trash receptacle
- Respond to any major spills or other cleaning crises.
- Remove litter and rubbish from main common rooms.
- Ability to work with various types of cleaning equipment (vacuum, mops & mop bucket, etc.)
- Help develop order and keep supplies and supply areas organized.
- High school diploma or relevant qualification required.
- 6 – 12 months porter experience preferred.
- Weekday schedule, Monday – Thursday
- Must be reliable, professional, and display a hospitality attitude
- Frequent lifting and carrying, working on feet several hours /day
- Ability to lift 20-25lbs without difficulty
- Occasional flexibility with on-site event schedule